CHINESE ENRICHMENT / CHINESE FOUNDATION Level: Nursery 1 to Nursery 2 / Kindergarten 1 to Kindergarten 2 Group Size: Up to 6 to 8 Students Class Duration: 1 Hour One Term: 10-12 Lessons Structured around MOE's Primary 1 curriculum, our course is designed to cultivate your child's interest in Chinese language at a young age through the use of story telling, roleplaying, thematic rhymes and interactive sessions. We focus on progressively building up your child's ability in writing, reading and speaking, and preparing them for the transition to Primary education. Engaging activities will be held to encourage interaction amongst the students and take learning beyond what is learnt in textbooks. Our teachers will monitor your child's learning journey and accordingly adapt teaching methods to meet their needs.
Vocabulary and Critical Writing
Introduce vocabulary through the use of thematic rhymes and idioms
Learn the writing strokes of Chinese characters and how to structure basic sentences
Cultivate an interest in Chinese through story-telling and active-engagement
Develop word recognition and writing skills through the use of reading passages and language exercises
Oral Language and Listening Comprehension
Build confidence in communicating verbally through show and tell and picture description practices
Improve conversational skills through educational and engaging roleplaying sessions with peers
Hone pronunciation of Chinese characters by learning from native-speaking teachers
Facilitate associative learning and active participation through the use of interactive sessions with peers
Preschool Music Enrichment Classes Level: Nursery 1 to Nursery 2 / Kindergarten 1 to Kindergarten 2 Instruments Available: Guitar, Piano, Ukulele and Erhu Group Size: Up to 4 Students Class Duration: 1 Hour One Term: 10 Lessons
Preschool music enrichment classes offer numerous benefits for young children's development, fostering a holistic growth that extends beyond musical skills. Here's a summary of the key advantages:
1. Cognitive Development: Exposure to music at an early age enhances cognitive abilities, including memory, attention, and problem-solving skills. Children in music enrichment classes often show improved academic performance later in life.
2. Language Skills: Participation in music activities helps develop language skills, such as vocabulary and communication. Singing, rhyming, and listening to different rhythms contribute to language development.
3. Social Skills: Music classes provide a social environment where children learn to work collaboratively, share, and communicate with their peers. Group activities and playing musical instruments together promote teamwork and cooperation.
4. Emotional Expression: Music offers a unique outlet for emotional expression. Children learn to identify and express their feelings through rhythm, melody, and lyrics, fostering emotional intelligence.
5. Fine and Gross Motor Skills: Playing musical instruments and engaging in rhythmic movements contribute to the development of both fine and gross motor skills. This can have positive implications for a child's overall physical development.
6. Creativity and Imagination: Music encourages creativity and imaginative thinking. Children exposed to various musical genres and instruments are more likely to explore their own creativity and develop a love for artistic expression.
7. Early Math Concepts: Rhythmic patterns and counting in music lay the foundation for basic mathematical concepts. Children learn about sequencing, patterns, and numerical relationships through the structure of musical beats and notes.
8. Cultural Awareness: Music is a universal language that exposes children to diverse cultures and traditions. Preschool music classes often incorporate a variety of musical styles, broadening children's cultural awareness and appreciation.
9. Confidence Building: Performing in front of a group, even in a small classroom setting, helps build confidence in young children. Music classes provide a supportive environment where children can overcome shyness and develop a sense of accomplishment.
In summary, preschool music enrichment classes offer a multifaceted approach to early childhood development, addressing cognitive, social, emotional, and physical aspects. These classes create a foundation for a lifelong appreciation of music while promoting skills that extend into various areas of a child's overall growth.